We are happy to announce that our trading journal now supports files from Interactive Broker. To import your trades, visit the import page and follow the instructions below:
There are three options to import:
Best option: Auto Import
Must have an active pro subscription.
- Go to your Interactive Brokers account
- Choose Reports
- Click Activity
- Click Third-Party Downloads.
- Select the time period, and choose the TradeLog format.
- Upload the file that was downloaded (.tlg extension) file
Duplicates for this broker will be skipped for this option.
Here is a sample line that you can save to a notepad file to test:
STK_TRD|4949494|BABA|ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING-SP ADR|NYSE|BUYTOOPEN|O|20190907|10:35:28|USD|50.00|1.00|140.20|8160.00|-1.00|1.00
If you can’t find this file, please wait until later in the day or next day. It’s not always available during market hours.
- Go to your account management area.
- Click reports, then flex queries.
- Create a new query and name it Trademetria.
- Under sections, select trade confirmation, then choose all columns.
- On the same screen, make sure you change executions to orders.
- Click continue, then click create.
- Now, click run, choose CSV, your timeframe, and hit the run button.
Duplicates will be skipped automatically.